- Collect different metal rods of the same length and same cross sectional area like copper, aluminium, iron etc.
- Make circuit leaving gap between P and Q as shown in figure.
- Connect one of the metal rods between P and Q
: and switch on the circuit.
- Measure the current using an ammeter and note the value.
- Repeat this with other metal rods and measure electric current in each case.
- The values of current are different for different metal rods for a constant potential difference,
- From this we conclude that the resistance of a conductor depends on the material of the conductor.