Define the term ‘tourism’. Why is tourism known as a trade? Explain.
The definition of tourism is “The cultural, recreational and commercial visit to internal places is known as tourism”
- Tourism is known as trade.
- Foreign tourist’s arrival in the country contributing 21828/- crore of foreign exchange.
- More than 15 million people are directly engaged in the tourism industry
- Tourism provides support to local handicrafts. *•
- Foreign tourists visit India for medical tourism and business tourism.
- Helps in the growth of national income and integrity.