Define the sustainable development. List the principle of sustainable development.
Sustainable development means development should take place without damaging the environment and development in the present should not compromise with the needs of the future generations.
The principles of sustainable development are:
- Respect and care for all forms of life.
- Improve the quality of human life.
- Conserve the earth’s vitality and diversity.
- Minimise the depletion of natural resources.
- Change personal attitude and practices toward the environment.
- Enable communities to care for their own environment.