Define the following terms (i) Aestivatiop

Define the following terms
(i) Aestivatiop (ii) Placentation (iii) Actinomorphic
(iv) Zygomorphic (v) Superior ovary (vi) Perigynous ovary
(vii) Epipetalousstamen

(i) Aestivation " The mode of arrangement of sepals or petals in relation to one another in a flower bud is called aestivation.
(ii) Placentation The pattern by which the ovules are attached in an ovary is called placentation.
(iii) Actinomorphic A flower having radial symmetry. The parts of each whorl are similar in size and shape. The flower can he divided in two equal halves along more than one median longitudinal plane.
(iv) Zygomorphic A flower having bilateral symmetry. The parts of one or more whorls are dissimilar. The flower can be divided into two equal halves in only one vertical plane.
(v) Superior ovary The ovary is called superior when it is borne above the point attachment of perianth and stamens on the thalamus.
(vi) Perigynous ovary It is the condition in which gynoecium of a flower is situated in the
centre and other parts of the flower are located on the rim of the thalamus almost at the same level.
(vii) Epipetalous stamen Stamens adhere to the petals by their filaments so, appear to arise
from them.