Define burst of monsoons. Give an account of the climatic conditions of the cold weather season in India.
The sudden and continuous rain associated with violent thunder and lightening is called burst of monsoons. It occurs around the time of arrival of monsoon.
The climatic conditions of the cold weather season are as follows :
- Cold weather season prevails from November to February and the temperature decreases from South to North.
- Days are warm and nights are cold.
- The North-East trade winds prevail over the country. These winds cause some amount of rainfall on the Tamil Nadu coast.
- The weather is marked by clear sky, low temperatures and low humidity and feeble, variable winds.
- Low pressure systems originates over the Mediterranean sea and move into India, alongwith the Westerly flow. They cause the much needed winter rains over the plains and snowfall in the mountains.