- Incident ray
- Point of incidence
- Reflected ray
- Normal at point of incidence
- Angle of incidence
1. Incident ray: A ray of light from a source that falls on the surface is called an incident ray of light.
2. Point of incidence: The point on the surface where the incident ray strikes the surface is called the point of incidence.
3. Reflected ray: The ray of light that bounces back from the surface of an object is called a reflected ray of light.
4. Normal at point of incidence: A line drawn perpendicular on the surface (i.e. making 90° angle with the surface) of an object at the point of incidence is called a normal point of incidence.
5. Angle of incidence: The angle formed between the incident ray and the normal is called the angle of incidence.