“Constant complaints by people can be seen as a testimony to the success of a democracy”. Explain.
Expectation from democracy functions as the criteria for judging any democratic country. One of the most distinctive features about democracy is that its examination never gets over.
- As democracy passes one test, it produces another test.
- As people get some benefits of democracy, they ask for more and want to make democracy even better.
- When we ask people about the way democracy functions, they will always come up with more expectations and many complaints.
- The fact that people are complaining is itself a testimony to the success of democracy.
- It shows that people have developed awareness and the ability to expect and to look critically at power holders and the high and the mighty.
- A public expression of dissatisfaction with democracy shows the success of the democracy.