Compare between mixed cropping and intercropping. Write down from advantage of both of these techniques.
Advantages of mixed cropping:
- Minimises the risk of crop failure.
- Seeds of two crops are mixed before sowing.
- Crops yield can be increased.
Advantages of intercropping:
- Increases the productivity per unit area.
- Pesticides can be easily applied to individual crop.
- Both crops can be easily harvested and threshed.
- Soil erosion is reduced.
- Allows better use of natural resources such as light, soil air and water.