Analyse the role of chemical industries in the Indian economy.
Role of chemical industries in the Indian Economy:
- The chemical industry in India is fast growing and diversifying. It contributes approximately 3 percent of GDP.
- It is the third largest in Asia.
- It occupies the twelfth place in the world.
- It comprises both large and small scale manufacturing units.
- Rapid growth has been recorded in both organic and inorganic sectors.
- In organic chemicals include sulphuric acid, nitric acid, alkalies soda and caustic soda.
- These industries are widely spread over the country.