Allotting completely one special branch in chemistry to compounds of only one element. Is it justified when there are so many elements and their com¬pounds but not with any special branches ?
- We understand that all molecules that make life possible carbohydrates, proteins, nucleic acids, lipids, hormones and vitamins contain carbon.
- The chemical reactions that take place in living systems are of carbon com-pounds.
- Food that we get from nature, various medicines, cotton, silk and fuels like natural gas and petroleum almost all of them are carbon compounds.
- Synthetic fabrics, plastics, synthetic rubber are also compounds of carbon.
- Hence, carbon is a special element with the largest number of compounds.