“Agriculture and industry move hand in hand”. Analyse the statement with three examples.
Agriculture and industry are not exclusive of each other. They move hand in hand.
- The agro-industries in India have given a major boost tq agriculture by raising its productivity.
- Industries depends on agriculture for raw materials. For examples; cotton textile, sugar industry, jute industry etc.
- Industries provide many agriculture inputs like irrigation pumps, fertilizers, insecticides, pesticides plastic and PVC pipes, machines and tools.
- Industry has not only assisted agriculturists in increasing their production but also made the production processes very efficient.
- Development of different mode of transport are the gift of industrial sector that has helped farmers to obtain agricultural inputs and has also helped them trade their products.