A sound body means one which bends itself to the spirit and is always a ready instrument

A sound body means one which bends itself to the spirit and is always a ready instrument at its service. Such bodies are not made, in my opinion, on the football field. They are made on cornfields and farms. I would urge you to think this over and you will find innumerable illustrations to prove my statement. Our colonial-born Indians are carried away with this football and cricket mania.
These games may have their place in certain circumstances… Why do we not take the simple fact into consideration tat the vast majority of mankind who are vigorous in body and mind are simple agriculturists, that they are strangers to - these games and they are the salt of the Earth?
Read the given passage and answer the following questions
(a) What, according to Gandhiji, is a sound body and where is it made?
(b) Which games are manias amongst colonial-bom Indians?
© Whom does Gandhiji refer to as the salt of the Earth?
(d) What values do you leam from the given passage?

(a) According to Gandhiji, a sound body means one which bends itself to the spirit. This body is always ready to work at the commands given by the spirit. A sound body is made in the cornfields or farms where one performs physical work.
(b) The games of football and cricket are manias amongst colonial-born Indians.
© Gandhiji proclaims agriculturalist of our country as the salt of the Earth. They consist of the vast ’ majority of mankind and are vigorous in mind
and body. They do not play cricket or football, but their regular physical work make them strong and well-built.
(d) From the given passage I have learnt, that one should do the physical work to keep body fit and healthy.
Mulattos People of mixed European and African descent.
Precedent Previous action which provides reason to repeat it.
Dominion Self-governing areas under the control of the British empire. Segregation Separation (of people) on the basis of colour or race.