- How is the process of binary fission different from budding?.
- What is grafting?
- List two advantages of vegetative propagation.
1.Difference between Binary fission and Budding
|During it a single cell gets divided into 2 similar halves.||During this a new individual is formed from a bud. The buds develop into smaller individuals as well as get detached to become independent organism.|
|Example: Amoeba.||Example: Hydra.|
- the desired characteristics of different plants are brought together to get an offspring.
- It is done by placing stem cutting of a desired plant on rooted portion of another desired
plant the both parts are tied by a tape a piece of cloth.
Examples: Mango, citrus, rose.
3.Two advantages of vegetative propagation.
- This is only method of propagation for seedless plants to be grown.
- A huge number of offsprings can be produced within a short time by this method