A balanced chemical equation can provide the following information :
1) The reactants and products through their symbols and formulae.
2) The ratio of molecules of reactants and products.
3) As molecular masses are expressed in unified mass (u), the relative masses of reactants and products are known from the equation.
4) If the masses are expressed in grams then the equation also gives the molar ratios of reactants and products.
5) If gases are involved, we can equate their masses to their volumes and calcu-late the volumes or those gases liberated at given condition of temperature and pressure using molar mass and molar volume relationship.
6) Using molar mass and Avagadro's number we can calculate the number of molecules and atoms of different substances from the equation.