What do you know about Communist Party of India?
- It was formed in 1925 and believes in Marxism, Leninism, secularism and democracy.
- It opposed the forces of secessionism and communalism.
- It accepts parliamentary democracy as a means of promoting the interests of working class, farmers and the poor.
- It became independent after the split in the party in 1964 that led to the formation of CPI(M).
- It has significant presence in Kerala, West Bengal, Punjab, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
- It advocates the coming together of all Left Front. Currently, it supports UPA government from outside.