What are the various means of mass communication used in India?
- It includes radio, television, newspapers, magazines, books and films.
- All India Radio broadcasts a variety of programmes in national, regional or local languages.
- Doordarshan, the national television channel of India broadcasts a variety of programmes ranging from entertainment, education to sports, etc.
- India publishes a large number of newspapers and periodicals annually.
- Newspapers are published in about 100 languages and dialects.
- India is the largest producer of feature films in the world. It produces short films, video feature films and video short films.