What are India’s unique locational features?
- India lies completely on the north of the equator. So it is situated in the Northern Hemisphere.
- The Tropic of Cancer passes through the middle of India. While its southern part (z.e., the peninsular India) falls in the tropical zone, the northern half lies in the subtropical zone or warm temperate zone.
- India is also situated to the east of the Prime Meridian. It lies not only in the Eastern Hemisphere but also has central position in it.
- India occupies the South-Central peninsula of the world’s largest and the most popular continent, Asia.
- It also lies at the head of the Indian Ocean. It has the longest coastline on this ocean.