A. Common Sports Injuries :
The sports injuries which usually occur in taekwondo are given below:
- Sprain may occur in ankle or knee.
- Strain in hamstring muscles, thigh, elbow and shoulder.
- Dislocation of shoulder joint.
- Head injury, nasal injury are also common in taekwondo.
- Fracture may be due to snap kickings.
B. Prevention :
Sports injuries are common in the field of games and sports. Such injuries can be minimised or prevented upto some extent by laying proper stress on the following points :
- Protective equipments like groin guards and head guards should be used.
- Proper warming-up along with the stretching exercises is must. Improper warming-up may be the cause of injuries.
- Proper conditioning is also essential.
- Good officiating is also essential for the prevention of injuries.