A. Common Sports Injuries :
The sports injuries which usually occur in taekwondo are given below:
1. Sprain may occur in ankle or knee.
2. Strain in hamstring muscles, thigh, elbow and shoulder.
3. Dislocation of shoulder joint.
4. Head injury, nasal injury are also common in taekwondo.
5. Fracture may be due to snap kickings.
B. Prevention :
Sports injuries are common in the field of games and sports. Such injuries can be minimised or prevented upto some extent by laying proper stress on the following points :
1. Protective equipments like groin guards and head guards should be used.
2. Proper warming-up along with the stretching exercises is must. Improper warming-up may be the cause of injuries.
3. Proper conditioning is also essential.
4. Good officiating is also essential for the prevention of injuries.