Suggest a simple experiment to prove the role of palate in recognizing taste.
Experiment to prove the role of palate in recognizing taste
Aim : To prove the role of palate in recognizing taste.
Apparatus : Sugar crystals, Stop watch.
1) Place some sugar crystals on the tongue.
2) Keep mouth opened and see that tongue does not touch the palate.
3) Record the time from the moment we placed the crystals on the tongue till we get the taste by using stop watch.
4) Now repeat the test by placing the sugar crystals on the tongue pressing it against the palate.
5) Record the time from placing sugar crystals to getting the taste.
Observation : From the above activity we know that taste can be identified easily when the tongue is pressed against the palate.
Result: We can easily identify the taste of the substance we can identify the taste of it in lesser time.