Suggest a simple experiment to prove the role of palate in recognizing taste.
Experiment to prove the role of palate in recognizing taste
Aim : To prove the role of palate in recognizing taste.
Apparatus : Sugar crystals, Stop watch.
- Place some sugar crystals on the tongue.
- Keep mouth opened and see that tongue does not touch the palate.
- Record the time from the moment we placed the crystals on the tongue till we get the taste by using stop watch.
- Now repeat the test by placing the sugar crystals on the tongue pressing it against the palate.
- Record the time from placing sugar crystals to getting the taste.
Observation : From the above activity we know that taste can be identified easily when the tongue is pressed against the palate.
Result: We can easily identify the taste of the substance we can identify the taste of it in lesser time.