“Pressure groups and movements exert influence on politics in different ways.” Support the statement with suitable examples.
Influence of pressure groups and movements on politics:
- Pressure groups and movements try to gain public support and sympathy for their goal.
- They carry out information campaigns, organize meetings and file petitions.
- They also try to influence media to give more attention to their issues.
- They often organize protest activity like strike etc.
- Worker’s organization employees, association and most of the movement groups force the government to consider their demands.
- Business groups often employ professional lobbyists.
- Some pressure groups formed and led by the leaders of political parties.
- Some political parties grow out of movements.