Ms. Sumathy wife of Mr. Varadan complained

Ms. Sumathy wife of Mr. Varadan complained about the non-availability of gas cylinders and explained to him to look out for alternate methods i for cooking. ME Varadan bought an induction stove to overcome the fuel problem. The next day Sumathy used her copper bottom cooker and kept it on the induction stove. But even after using it for half an hour she found that the cooker was not hot and food not cooked. As she was not aware of the method to use the induction stove, she asked her elder daughter Dhanya, studying first year engineering about it.
She told her, that some vessels can not be used on this stove. She took the instruction manual and explained to her mother; that the stove works on magnetic induction, and copper being a diamagnetic material, will not respond to it.
(a)What values did ME Varadan and Dhanya exhibit towards Ms. Sumathy ?
(b) Give few examples of diamagnetic materials and explain how their susceptiblity varies with temperature.

(a) Awareness, concern for conservation of energy and fossil fuels and sharing the knowledge.
(b) Copper, silver, gold and bismuth susceptibility is independent of temperature as they have no permanent dipoles.