List changes in the body that take place at puberty.
Changes at puberty:
- Sudden increase in height and weight.
- Broadening of shoulders and widening of chest in boys. In girls, the region below waist becomes wider.
- In boys, under the influence of hormones, the larynx becomes prominent, the vocal cords become longer and thicker. These changes cause the voice to become hoarse.
- Appearance of hair in areas such as underarms, face, hands, and legs.
- Appearance of acne as a result of excessive secretion of oil from skin.
- Testis grows and starts producing sperms in males, whereas in females, the ovary enlarges and starts producing matured eggs.