It’s very interesting to watch a creeper entwining its tendril to the support. Is not
it ? How do you express your feelings in this situation ?
Plants also respond to external stimuli. How do you feel about this ?
A. 1) A very interesting thing in plants is movement of tendrils.
2) All plants show positive response to phototropism.
3) But creepers like cucumber, bitter guard the stem is weak and thin hence plant cannot grow erect.
4) Tendrils play a vital role to make the plant erect. Tendrils are thin thread like growth on the leaves or stems of climbing plant.
5) They grow towards support and wind around them. .
6) This type of response to make contact or touch is called thigmotropism.
7) Nature only finds its way to grow and survive on the earth.