In the observation of kidney external and internal features experiment, what are your observations ?
A. External features of mammal kidney are :
- It is bean shaped and brown in colour.
- Top of the kidneys you will observe adrenal gland.
- 3 tubes come out from hilus. First one is ureter, second one is renal artery and third one is renal vein.
Internal features of kidney :
- Each kidney is convex on the outer side and concave on the inner side.
- Outer zone in kidney T.S. is light brown colour whereas inner zone is dark brown
- Outer zone is called cortex and inner dark zone is called medulla. Triangular calyces are present in medulla.
- These medulla lead into ureter.
- Ureters are whitish tube like structures.