In the observation of kidney external and internal features experiment, what are your observations ?
A. External features of mammal kidney are :
1) It is bean shaped and brown in colour.
2) Top of the kidneys you will observe adrenal gland.
3) 3 tubes come out from hilus. First one is ureter, second one is renal artery and third one is renal vein.
Internal features of kidney :
1) Each kidney is convex on the outer side and concave on the inner side.
2) Outer zone in kidney T.S. is light brown colour whereas inner zone is dark brown
3) Outer zone is called cortex and inner dark zone is called medulla. Triangular calyces are present in medulla.
4) These medulla lead into ureter.
5) Ureters are whitish tube like structures.