Illustrate the process of regeneration in planaria with the help of suitable diagram.
1) Planaria can be cut into many number of pieces and each piece grows into a complete
2) This development of pieces of an organism into an individual is known as regeneration.
3) Regeneration is carried out by specialised cells.
4) These cells proliferate and form large number of cells.
5) In this mass of cells differentiation occurs to form various types of cells and tissues.
6) These changes take place in an organised sequence referred to as development.
7) This results in formation of an individual planaria.