How will you appreciate cell division that helps in perpetuation of life ?
A. 1) Cell division is necessary for maintenance and perpetuation of life as it helps in increasing cell size, surface area, as well as the cell volume.
2) Cell division (mitosis) helps in the replacement of the cells in the skin and in the digestive system as they are peeled off every day.
3) Mitosis also helps in replacing the red blood cells after their life span of 120 days. The red blood cells are produced in the bone marrow. Without their production there is no carrier for oxygen to the tissues in the body.
4) Cell division also helps in wound healing cells present at the margins of the wound divide repeatedly by mitosis and the resulting daughter cells fill the wound.
5) Meiotic division is important for the reproduction and propagation of the species.
6) Crossing over of chromosomes occurs during meiotic division is important for the exchange of genetic information between individuals of species and evolution of species.