How were workers influenced by the print revolution?
- Lending libraries had been in existence from the 17th century onwards.
- In the 19th century, lending libraries in England became instruments for educating white collar workers, artisans and lower middle class people.
- History: India and the Contemporary World—II
- Sometimes, self-educated working class people wrote for themselves.
- When their working hours were reduced, they could get time for self-improvement and self expression. They wrote political tracts and autobiographies in large numbers.