How do you feel about transportation of water in huge trees ?
A. 1) In huge trees like Red wood, water is transported to a height of 120 mts.
2) The root pressure and the transpiration pull are responsible for the water to reach such heights.
3) Water is absorbed by osmosis from the soil by the root hair and is passed into the
xylem vessels which form a continuous stream of tubes through root and stem into the leaves. .
4) Here the water evaporates and passes into the atmosphere.
5) Evaporation creates the main pull from the above root pressure gives a variable and minor push from below.
6) The result is a continuous column of moving water, the transpiration stream.
7) We should appreciate the root pressure and transpiration pull to conduct water to a great distance.