How can you appreciate the role of a small fuse in house wiring circuit in preventing damage to various electrical appliances connected to the circuit ?
- The fuse consists of a thin wire of low melting point. When the current in the fuse exceeds 20 A, the wire will heat up and melt.
- The circuit then becomes open and prevents the flow of current into the household circuit. So all the electric devices are saved from damage that could be caused by overload.
- Thus we can save the house holding wiring and devices by using fuses.
- In this way a small fuse prevents a great damage to costly electrical appliances in the circuit.