How are cotyledons useful for the plant ?
A. 1) The cotyledons of some flowering plants digest, absorb and store the foods from the endosperm as the ovule is maturing into seed.
2) When a seed or young plant starts growing, it needs food until it can produce leaves and start making its own food.
3) Cotyledons supply food material for the growth of the seed or young plant.
Observe different stages of mitotic cell division.
- Take permanent slides which shows different stages of meiotic cell division from your lab kit.
- Observe it carefully under microscope.
- Draw diagrams what you observe, and compare your observations with the following chart.