I. Procedure :
- Take a thermocole sheet and fix two
thin sticks of height 1 cm.
- Join the two sticks with the help of
- Take a battery, tapkey and connect them in series with the copper wire which
is thin. .
- Keep a marine compass needle beneath the wire.
- If you press the tapkey, current flows in the copper wire.
- Immediately the magnetic needle gets deflected.
- This indicates that the magnetic field is increased when current flows through the conductor.
II. Procedure :
- Take a wooden plank and make a hole.
- Place the plank on the table.
- Place the retort stand on it.
- Pass copper wire through the hole.
- Connect the two ends of the wire with battery through switch.
- Place some compass needle around the hole.
- When the current flows the magnetic needle deflects.
- We can verify this by changing the direction of current.
- So we can conclude the magnetic field surrounds a current carrying conductors.