Explain the dark reaction of photosynthesis.
A. 1) Dark reaction do not require light energy and occur simultaneously with light reaction. ■ .
2) Dark reaction do not depend on light.
3) Dark reaction occur in the stroma region of chloroplast.
4) H+ ions produced in photolysis are immediately picked up by special compound NADP to form NADPH.
5) In the dark phase, the hydrogen of the NADPH is used to combine it with and to ultimately produce glucose
6) This synthesis occurs in a number of steps using certain special intermediate compounds (mainly Ribulose bi phosphate) and enzymes.
7) Finally glucose converted into starch.