Enlist the main features of phylum Annelida. Give examples.
- Body of annelids are bilaterally symmetrical.
- They are triploblastic.
- Metameric segmentation is present.
- Closed circulatory system with respiratory pigment dissolved in the plasma.
- Nephridia for excretion and osmoregulation are present.
- These animals are found in a variety of habitats like fresh water, marine water as well as on land.
Examples are: Nereis (sand worm or clam worm), Aphrodite (sea mouse), Pheretima (earthworm).