Functions of Circulatory System: The primary function of the blood circulatory system is to ensure the preservation of the constant internal environment by transporting oxygen, food material and hormones to the tissue cells and by removing the waste products. As a matter of fact, different organs, including blood perform different functions which are as follows :
1. It regulates the body temperature.
2. It also protects the body from diseases.
3. It carries waste products like urea, lactic acid, uric acid and sulphates etc. to the kidney for excretion.
4. It carries hormones from the endocrine glands to different organs of the body.
5. It carries digested food or nutrients to all parts of the body.
6. Blood carries oxygen from the lungs to different parts of the body and CO2 from the cells of body to the lungs.
7. In capillaries, the exchange of nutrients, oxygen and waste products takes place.
8. Veins bring the impure blood to the heart from every part of the body.
9. Arteries allow the pure blood to pass through them throughout the body.
10. Heart works like a pump, which circulates the blood throughout the body.