5. Describe the blood vessels that carry aWay blood from human heart.
A. 1) The rigid vessels called arteries which originate from the heart supply blood to various organs in the body. .
2) From the upper part of the left ventricle a thick blood vessel called aorta arises. It supplies oxygenated blood to the body parts.
3) From the upper part of the right ventricle pulmonary artery arises that supplies deoxygenated blood to the lungs.
4) A pair of coronary arteries (vessels) carry oxygenated blood to the muscles of heart.
5) All the arteries carry oxygenated blood except pulmonary artery.