Describe briefly about the female reproductive system in human beings.
1) A pair of ovaries are the reproductive organs in woman.
2) They are present just below the kidneys in the abdominal cavity.
3) Each ovary has several sac like structures called ovarian follicles or Graffian follicles.
4) Every time only one follicle matures and releases one ovum into body cavity.
5) Just above the ovaries are the tubes called oviducts or fallopian tubes.
6) The two oviducts connect to a bag like organ called uterus at their other ends.
7) The uterus is connected through a narrow opening called cervix to another tube called vagina which opens to the outside of the body.
8) Vagina is a tubular structure and is also called birth canal because it is through this passage that the baby is born after the completion of development inside the uterus of the mother.