Physical fitness : It is the ability of an individual to carry out his daily routine without getting tired and having extra amount of energy to meet any kind of unforeseen emergency.
Wellness : It is the ability to live life fully, with vitality and meaning. It is dynamic and multi-dimensional. Wellness incorporates
have derived, to their full benefit. They may need to modify their habits and lifestyle for better hygiene.
• Health Education is of great importance for everyone, since it provides knowledge about personal and environmental hygiene. People learn to keep their body and surroundings clean and clear from dust and germs. This helps in preventing any communicable diseases.
• Health education provides awareness about the communicable diseases, their prevention and cure. This helps in controlling the spread of diseases like Malaria, AIDS, Swine flu, Tuberculosis and more.
• Health education helps us to become aware of the dietary requirements of our body, and what one needs to intake in appropriate quantities. The caloric intake depends on age, sex, and nature of work of a person. School children are given nutritious diet under the scheme ‘mid day meal’ to meet the required balanced diet.
• Health Education helps detect diseases at an early stage. Physical deformities/ diseases/like poor eye sight, hearing disabilities, malnutrition may be detected at an early stage. Once detected in time, people can be informed about corrective methods.
• Postural correction can help avoid a lot of
problems like back pain, hunched back, knee joints pain, etc. Corrective posture and regular exercises help us a lot.
physical, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, interpersonal, social and environmental dimensions.
Physical fitness and wellness is required for proper growth and development. It enables the body’s physiological systems to function more efficiently and smoothly. Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body but also the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.
(i) It improves the quality of life. In our daily life a physically fit person can manage the
routine work efficiently and without getting fatigue.
(ii) It helps in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases. A physically fit person is less prone to coronary heart diseases.
(iii) It improves the efficiency of cardiovascular system.
(iv) Helps in harmonious growth and development.
(v) Fulfils proper nutritional requirement.
(vi) It helps in better management of stress and tension.
(vii) Delays the aging process.
(viii) Quick recovery after injury or illness. Recovery from fatigue is also faster and quicker.
(ix) Improvement of motor abilities. Our strength, speed, flexibility, endurance, and coordination are improved to a great extent.
(x) Better quality of work. It regulates and improves overall body functions. Response becomes more accurate therefore less wastage of energy.
(xi) Better functioning of system leading to good health and optimum development of body.
(xii) Attain good shape, size, structure and controlled weight. We can also remove postural deformity through it.