1) We understand that all molecules that make life possible carbohydrates, proteins, nucleic acids, lipids, hormones and vitamins contain carbon.
2) The chemical reactions that take place in living systems are of carbon com-pounds.
3) Food that we get from nature, various medicines, cotton, silk and fuels like natural gas and petroleum almost all of them are carbon compounds.
4) Synthetic fabrics, plastics, synthetic rubber are also compounds of carbon.
5) Hence, carbon is a special element with the largest number of compounds.