Write about the important features of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan.
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) is an Indian Government Programme aimed at the universalisation of elementary education. It started in 2001. The Right to Education Act (RTE) came into force on 1 st April, 2010. With this Act, SSA has acquired the necessary legal force for its implementation. Some important features of it are :
- To provide useful and elementary education for all children in the 6-14 years age group.
- To bridge social, regional and gender gaps with the active participation of the community in the management of school.
- To allow children to learn about and master their natural environment.
- To inculcate value-based learning among children.
- To realise the importance of early childhood care and education.