why do we need a parliament
Need for Parliament arises due to the following reasons:
- It is a legislative organ of the government.
- It helps in the law making process and also introduces new laws from time to time.
- It keeps financial control over the government’s income, i.e. the government cannot spend public’s money with the consent of the Parliament.
- It controls the executive organ of the government. This means that the organ needs mandate from the Parliament to function.
- It also is an organ of information.