The Government of India has initiated PDS to distribute foodgrains to the poor at subsidised rates. But the irregularities regarding distribution make you irritated and you have decided to write a letter to the concerned authority. Which points will you write in your letter?
The food procured by the Food Corporation of India (FCI) is distributed through government regulated ration shops among the poor. This Public Distribution System (PDS) often become ineffective in many regions due to the malpractices of the dealers running the ration shops.
The points I decided to include in the letter to the concerned authorities are as follows:
- Poor quality of the grains distributed through the PDS.
- Food grains diverted to open market.
- Irregular opening of the shop.
- Using faulty measurements for weighing the products.
- Misbehaviour with the card-holders.
- Making fake entry on behalf of card holders.