The atomic numbers of nitrogen, oxygen and fluorine are 7, 8 and 9 respectively. Write the electronic configuration of each element and answer the following questions:
- Which one of N, O and F is most electronegative and which one is least electronegative?
- What is the number of valence electrons of F?
- What is valency of each one of N, O and F?
Electronic configuration of
Nitrogen : 2, 5 Oxygen : 2, 6 Fluorine : 2, 7
- Fluorine (F) is most electronegative and nitrogen (N) is least electronegative.
- Fluorine (F) has 7 valence electrons.
- Valency of nitrogen is 3 and 5, valency of oxygen is 2, valency of fluorine is 1.