How do you justify the Supreme Court as the apex court of India?
The Supreme Court of India is regarded as the apex court of India. It controls the judicial administration in the country. Its powers make it as the apex court of India.
The powers of the Supreme Court are:
- The Supreme Court can take up any dispute
- Between citizen of the country
- Between citizens and government
- Between two or more state governments
- Between governments at the union and state level.
- It is the highest court of appeal in criminal and civil cases.
- It has the power to interpret the Constitution and gives legal advice to the President.
- It acts as the guardian of Fundamental Rights.