Enumerate the principles of adapted physical education.
Principles of Adapted Physical Education :
- Students with disabilities require adapted physical education activities to the limit of their capacity, to meet their physical, mental, social and emotional needs.
- Every effort should be made to ensure that the adapted physical education programme is according to the needs and capacities of students.
- The equipment, facilities, rules and instructions of an adapted physical education programme should be modified according to the need.
- The adapted physical education programme should be physically as well as psychologically sound.
- The teacher of physical education should note the anomalies, but should not try to treat the anomalies that need the attention of a medical specialist.
- The activities of adapted physical education should be decided after close coordination with medical staff.