Do as directed. Why did she leave so late? (begin: she ought…)
- Why did she leave so late? (Begin: She ought…)
She ought to have left early.
- “You should rest just now, Rita” the mother said. (Begin: The mother advised…)
The mother advised Rita to rest.
- Don’t blame her if the mirror is broken. (Begin: She is not…)
She is not to be blamed for the broken mirror.
- It is a pity that I did not take my doctor’s advice. (Begin: I wish…)
I wish I had taken/paid heed to my doctor’s advice.
- I could not but feel sorry for her mother. (I could not help…)
I could not help but feel sorry for her.
- He is inviting each of his friends. (Begin: Each…)
Each of his friends are invited.
- Donald said that it was his sister’s fault; but that was unkind. (Begin: It was unkind…)
It was unkind of Donald to say that it was his sister’s fault.
- Uma was unable to do anything untill the following year. (Begin: Not untill…)
Not untill the following year was Uma able to do anything.