Calcium Hydroxide+Carbon dioxide gives Calcium Carbonate+Water
Following steps need to be followed while balancing a chemical equation
- Write down your given equation.
- Write down the number of atoms that you have on each side of the equation.
- Balance atoms of each element on both sides of the reaction.
- Always leave hydrogen and oxygen for last to balance.
- Balance the hydrogen atoms lastly followed by balancing of oxygen atoms.
Equation for the given reaction
Ca(OH)2 + CO2 → CaCO3 + H2O
Number of atoms on reactant side is equal to number of atoms on product side. So, it is a balanced equation.