Being the most popular form of government the shortcoming of democracy can not be ruled out. Justify.
Being the most popular form of government the shortcoming of democracy can not be ruled out. Justify
Democracy is better than any other form of government in responding to the needs of the people. It is the most popular form of government. Still its shortcomings cannot be ruled out.
The shortcomings or demerits of democracy are:
- Leaders keep changing in a democracy which leads to instability as they have different ideologies.
- In democracy there is always powerplay and political competition and scope for morality is very little.
- As it is based on electoral competition, it leads to corruption. Candidates spend huge amount of money in election campaigns.
- Illiterate masses do not know what is good for them and also their elected leaders are unaware of their real problems. All these result in wrong decisions and delay of work.
- Election involves lot of preparation and spending of money. But as democracy thrives on election, the tedious process have to be conducted everytime a government is formed.