You might have observed on a dry day that when you touch the screen of a television or computer monitor (with picture tube), you get a slight shock. Why does it happen?

cbse
natural-phenomena
cbse-class-8-science

#1

You might have observed on a dry day that when you touch the screen of a television or computer monitor (with picture tube), you get a slight shock. Why does it happen?
Answer:
Electric charge gets accumulated on the screen. On touching the screen the charge discharges through our body. Thus, we get a slight shock.