You are the 'Professor'. Write a diary entry after your first day at the cook house

You are the ‘Professor’. Write a diary entry after your first day at the cook house, describing the events that led to this assignment; also express your thoughts and feelings about the events of the day in about 175 words.

Wednesday; 28th July, 20XX
10:00 pm
Dear Diary
Today was my first day at the cook house. I was not used to the atmosphere of the confined place. I missed the route marches, lessons on rifles and other technical and operational training that I used to enjoy. I was not happy with my nomination for permanent cook house duties. To add to my woes, my colleagues mocked me and treated the entire episode as a joke. It was quite disheartening to me. Even after being well-informed and knowledgeable, I was assigned to this job. My dream of getting a commission was totally broken by Corporal Turnbull. Moreover, the staff in the cook house was not at all efficient. I protested against their unscientific and unhygienic method of peeling potatoes. I had to explain to them that by doing so, they were wasting the valuable vitamins present in potatoes. All in all, it was a very unpleasant and disappointing day for me.
Quelch