Preparation of Baking Soda :
1) The chemical name of baking soda is sodium hydrogen carbonate and the formula is NaHCOs.
2) It is prepared as follows.
Uses of Baking Soda :
1) Baking soda is added for faster cooking.
2) It is used as an ingredient in antacids.
3) It is also, used in soda - acid fire extinguishers.
4) It acts as a mild antiseptic.
5) Baking powder can be prepared as a mixture of baking soda and a mild edible acid such as tartaric acid.
6) Baking powder is used in preparation of bread or cake to make them soft and spongy.